Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fave MAC Brushes + A Quick Tag

Howdy my fine ladies!

Just wanted to drop a quick entry. I made a video yesterday because someone requested I show my fave MAC brushes. I didn't realize the video was fifteen minutes long!!! Whooops... haha

So to summarize the video my fave MAC brushes are:
Powder foundation (i.e. Mineralized foundations) - 183 kabuki brush

Liquid foundation - 187 [I do have a 190SE but I prefer the 187]

Contour - 168 [I have the 109 as well, light colored bristles > dark colored bristles. My light ones are softer for some reason]

Blush - 136 HANDS DOWN! I noticed they don't offer them on the MAC website anymore :(

Cream Blush - 189 [the 188 is pretty good too, I just prefer flat-sided brushes more]

Eyeshadow - 239

Crease - 217

Highlight - 227

Smudge - 219

Eyeliner - 209

I think I covered them all. Here's the video [if you feel like listening to me babble.. I can be random haha]:




Random Tag

I was looking back at my old entries and noticed that back in my MIA days, Bryani and Kerry tagged me in posts. Pretty much they are random facts, one is 6 and the other 16. I will see how many I can come up with LOL... since I haven't done a random facts thing in a while. They tagged me back in October 2008 so I am WAYYYY behind. If any of y'all wanna join in, TAG! You're it! Hehe... so here I go.

1. I fake bake. Yes I know the dangers of skin cancer & wrinkles. But its my guilty pleasure (among others... haha). My fave tanning lotion is Swedish Beauty's Priceless. But it is PricEY. Pink suggested I use Maui Babe, so I will prolly give it a try [thanks sugarplum ;)]

2. I have never really been a fan of jewelry. In the past, I always would get annoyed if I felt my bracelet hitting the desk when I'm writing or my earring pressed up against my cell phone. But thanks to some very talented people *cough*DSK Steph*hack* I've been converted! I love Steph's jewelry & am obsessed with Juicy Couture's earrings.

3. Another guilty pleasure of mine is Juicy Couture. I love the brand. Their style is so femme and cute... loves it!

4. I love Mike! Had to throw that in :) He is my soulmate & we are going to have gorgeous babies :)

5. I'm a big fan of quotes. One of my fave quotes ever is the definition of a soulmate. I do believe in soulmates btw.

"A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life." - Richard Bach

6. I'm also a big fan of corny jokes and pick up lines. Newest one and currently my fave is:

Do you have a bandaid? Because I skinned my knees falling for you...

LOL LOL LOL LOL!

7. I am amused easily.

8. My favorite insult for guys is douche bag. I didn't know what it meant for the longest time. Now my fave haha

9. Y'all know I'm a fan of hairy lumberjacks. Well I am not a fan of hair on me. So as my last random fact, I will let y'all know on my #1 vanity besides makeup....

I get a Brazilian wax each month. I love getting waxed. I feel cleaner & sexier when I'm hairless. I've been getting waxed for the last year and a half I think. I really love the results. Also, your hair grows in slower and less thick. & I have way less bumps & ingrown hairs. Yes it hurts, but ladies, we do lots of crazy things for beauty & vanity :)

If anyone is ever in the Dallas area, my waxing lady is the BEST. She gets you done in literally 5 minutes, so you don't have to endure the pain for too long.

Anywhoodles, I'm not ashamed to admit it anymore. I love me a Brazilian wax!!!! :)

So yeah, you ladies tell some crazy facts too!

Talk to y'all soon :)

Loves y'all!

XO,
Stephie


17 comments:

lindah said...

wow brazilian wax? Where's the location? LOL, I live closer to fort worth though :P

and the 190 comes on streaky sometimes! If I would fake bake... I would be SOO tanned xD

XRocksmama said...

I believe 136 is long gone, can't even find it in CCO anymore...

Love ur sense of humor. I'm glad your back making videos!

courtney said...

what a great post! isnt that expensive getting one EVERY month!? I got one for my bday and it was like over $60! did i get ripped off?

Ethereal Prey said...

girl, i think you and I are one of the few girls that like brazilians! That and the boys! I've been doing it for like 3 years now...its awesome in the summer! My lady is this funny russian lady... and damn she is fast. no time to cry cause you're already done!

Shopn'Chomp said...

I love Juicy Couture too! They have such cute items that are made well.

Story Of A Girl said...

I've been wanting to get a brazilian FOREVERRR but i've been so nervous! Maybe i'll continue to look for a good place.. I think I could handle 5 minutes of torture for a beautiful end result!

izumi said...

"but that's irrelevant because we're doing mac products".. hahaha :) you're so cute!

enKore makeup on youtube uses deep conditioner as a part of his deep cleansing for brushes.. pretty interesting. you should check it out!

LOL. i love your "to marry" list. hahahaha!

i love your soul mate quote. :)

xoshellie said...

love the quote on soulmates =) omg babe i love getting brazilians too! im going down to dallas in a couple weeks maybe ill hit your lady up if i need it haha. juicy couture is the best!

kathy said...

I've always wanted to get a brazilian wax but I'm such a scaredy cat! How was your first wax experience?

I also believe in soulmates too! There's someone for everyone =)

Cyd said...

Hello,

Thanks for this update. It was very helpfull for me for choosing brushes.
PS : I love your nail polish colour. :)

梅子 said...

i really want to get a brazilian wax done i am soooo chicken stephie!
oooo.

i saw this thing at sephora i might try it like plucks the hair in bikini area but i dunno how that would be either its a tad pricey!! eeeee.

hope to taalk soon! toodles

Janelle said...

LOL! You are like the 3rd person I've heard say that they looove brazilian waxes! I've been meaning to finally get one, but I'm being a such a baby about it. Hopefully this month! Haha love the post. :)

L said...

steeeepppphhhie, i am so glad you're back full force! its been well over a year since you've been this active - me is happppppyyyyyyyy! i esp. love that you do vidz!

i love the 187 too, use it everyday.

i was lucky enough to get Maui Babe from a friend in Hawaii, I've only got the chance to use it twice though. It makes me smell yummy.

Love that quote and I truly agree...

Yikes at getn waxed, I never tried cuz I'm too scareddddd! Maybe when I get back to Cali!

XO!

Debberly Baby <3 said...

you are absolutely gorgeous ! I'm glad you're back :)

spankedelic said...

hooooooooray for brazilian waxes! i think all girls/ladies/women should do that. plus, it just looks better, don't you think? you and mike are so cute! yall would have the cutest babies. i think mixed babies look better, anyway. lol...maybe i'm just biased cause my baby will be mixed =) glad you got a twitter account! i'm following you on that =P

indavao said...

hi... just dropping by!
http://www.fileafro.com
http://mobileandetc.blogspot.com
http://kantahanan.blogspot.com

Sophantastik said...

I've been interested in getting a Brazilian wax however I'm kind a bit nervous. Any suggestion or tips on what to expect for first timer?